Trainee Support Engineer for The PC Support Group
Trainee Support Engineer for The PC Support Group
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join the technical support team in a fast growing and dynamic IT support business, whilst developing their technical skills and experience.
The PC Support Group’s (www.pcsupportgroup.com) mission is to be the preferred and trusted provider of IT services to small businesses throughout the North West of England (Liverpool, Manchester and surrounding areas). The business has grown significantly over the last few years and the owner directors have ambitious plans for continued growth.
They are now looking for technically excellent, ambitious and enthusiastic Apprentice Support Engineers to join the current team.
You will report to the IT Support Manager but will be expected to be self-driven and able to use your own initiative to deliver outstanding results. You will have excellent communication skills and a desire to deliver great customer service. In return the Company will support you in your development including the opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients and different computer systems within a supportive staff team.
Pay is the national minimum wage
Holidays will be 20 days per annum plus Bank Holidays (although Bank Holidays may have to be taken on alternative days).
Core hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00AM to 5:00PM with 1 hour for lunch (35 hours per week) although the nature of the business means that flexibility is required around this including working 11:00AM to 7:00PM when required (usually one week in every four) plus Saturday 10:00AM to 5:00PM “on-call” approximately once a month, plus other occasional weekend work.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract with the possibility for the right candidate of a permanent role at the end of the contract.
The job is located in Speke, Merseyside
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic and fast growing business as a front line engineer.
In this role your primary function will be to log incoming calls from customers seeking technical assistance and help resolve desktop issues where your skills allow.
Over the 12 month contract, as you build up your technical knowledge, in addition to logging calls you will be expected to handle a wide variety of desktop and network related issues. You will use the latest support technology to provide outstanding service to our customer base of SMEs.
You will enjoy hands on learning, dealing with customers, and thrive on a high volume and fast changing workload.
Daily access to your own vehicle will be a distinct advantage.
The role mainly consists of:
- Taking and recording calls into the office
- Providing basic technical advice over the phone for desktop related issues where your skills allow
- Dealing with customer support requests plus system alarms/alerts according to priority
- Onsite customer visits to resolve problems
You will be responsible for:
- Constant customer dialogue and interaction on phone
- Continuing to move all outstanding issues/tasks along to completion in timely manner
- Meeting promises and commitments – or renegotiating if you have good reason
- Repairing, tracking and returning faulty computer equipment
- Unpacking, assembling and testing new systems
- Ensuring that all equipment is cleaned before being returned to customer
- Managing electronic support tickets and logging of activities in the database
- Providing customers with realistic timescales for completion of work
- Investigating faults and providing a brief fault report to the customer before undertaking repairs
- Performing other general administrative tasks
- Seeking help, advice and information freely and urgently when needed
You will have some knowledge in a number of the following areas:
- PC hardware fault finding and repair
- General PC and laptop troubleshooting
- Hardware and software experience together with experience of peripherals and accessories.
- Upgrading hardware
- Copying and backing-up data
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of all supported versions of Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Office
- Ethernet networking – maintenance and fault analysis/resolution
- TCP/IP / Routers / Firewalls
- POP/IMAP mail
You will need to be:
- A naturally analytical and problem solving person and able to learn on the fly
- A confident communicator (including listening ability) and have a good telephone manner
- Keen to help and assist others
- Willing to learn
- Ambitious and hard working
- Well presented, outgoing and friendly
- Enthusiastic about technology and its use
- Qualified to degree level in a computer related discipline. Any IT related work experience is an advantage.
- Able to show evidence of self-development/self-learning
- Keen to better yourself through constant learning and questioning
- Someone who works with a sense of urgency – committed to delivering great results fast
- Hold a full, clean driving license.
We take our values very seriously and require that anyone joining us lives by them at all times. These values are: Freedom of expression, Integrity, Respect, Shared commitment and Trust – F.I.R.S.T.
Please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this role.