Mental Wellbeing First Aid | June 2023
2 Day Mental Wellbeing First Aid (Online)
Date: 28th to the 29th of June 2023
This fantastic new workshop-style course gives delegates an insightful understanding of mental health and mental health problems.
We’ll spend lots of time working on resilience and self-care, and empower people to have the confidence to step in and offer support to others when needed.
Packed with practical advice, delegates will be able to spot signs of declining mental health, and by using a practical action plan, be able to appropriately offer someone help both in an emergency and longer-term situation.
Throughout our workshop-style sessions, we will have lots of time to discuss specific mental health conditions, work through case studies and become better prepared to help ourselves and guide and support those around us.
This course isn’t about having all the answers, and it’s not about teaching people to have all the solutions to other people’s problems. It’s about genuine empathy for others and helping individuals recognise early warning signs to help prevent illness or decline in wellbeing.
Who is this course designed for?
This course is suitable for all adults and can be applied in the workplace and in our own lives. You do not need any previous knowledge of mental health; however, if you have completed other courses such as Mental Health First Aid (MHFA), this course will complement and build upon your existing knowledge.
What you need to know.
- This course is in line with the Health & Safety Executive’s (HSE) ‘Mental health conditions, work and the workplace’ guidance.
- Each delegate will get a certificate from SkillBase First Aid qualifying them as a ‘Mental Wellbeing First Aider’. It is recommended that delegates upskill their knowledge and skills in mental health every 3 years.
- Each delegate will also get a copy of our user-friendly manual, ‘The Good Mental Health Guide’, to keep.
- This course is a fun and interactive workshop, with lots of time for practice and questions. There are no formal tests; we’ll assess the course in a relaxed and non-threatening way!
What’s covered on this course?
This course is designed to be delivered across two days, either online or classroom-based. The course will run from 09:30 – 16:30 on each day to cover all five modules with plenty of breaks. For more information on all five modules, please click here for our detailed PDF.
What are the benefits of this course?
- You will be a certified Mental Wellbeing First Aider.
- You will have the ability to spot early warning signs of mental ill-health.
- This course is a great opportunity to share ideas with other wellbeing-focused business owners and people.
- Business owners will be well equipped to reduce mental health-related absence in their business and the associated costs.
- Business owners will be better equipped if Mental Wellbeing First Aid becomes a legal requirement in the future.
- You will develop skills to make a genuinely positive impact on the lives of those around you.
To enquire or to book onto this course, please get in contact using the details below:
t: 0330 107 1037